ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Listener/AspectHandler parameters
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2001 05:41:03 GMT
Hi,

I have just been experimenting with Listeners/AspectHandlers and have found
an issue. I originally made it so that they were configured in the same
manner that tasks/datatypes are configured (ie via
addFoo()/setFoo()/createFoo()). However this limits it's usefulness when
invoked from CLI. If you want to set parameters for
listeners/aspectHandlers you need to have flat key->value pairs as
configuration mechanism. So I propose that instead of standard mechanism we
use nested

<param name="key" value="key-value" />

For configuring these components. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Pete