ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A few suggestions
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 02:07:48 GMT
At 03:50 PM 6/6/01 -0700, James Bucanek wrote:
>(1) Conditionals.  ant needs a vastly more flexible conditional
>structure than just if=/unless= a property is/not defined.

Condition will most likely test for presence and if present whether it
evaluates to false or not. The evaluation of complex (less than, not etc)
will probably relegated to another task.

>(2) Filters.  <fileset>/<patterset> needs some kind of simple,
>extendable, filtering mechanism.  Why can't they take, as a
>attribute, an argument that resolves to a java.io.FilenameFilter
>object (or an ant equivalent)?

Yep - we will be doing this ... somehow. The *how* part has yet to be
determined though.

>On occasion, I've been writing my own mappers to preform filtering as
>a side effect, but it's pretty ugly.  Especially since you can't
>extend the mapper tag to include any additional information that a
>filter might need to do it's job.

right - I wanted to extend mappers to do this sort of thing but it was
-1'ed ;)

Cheers,

Pete