ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Configure->Template->Build
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 04:43:41 GMT
At 02:13 AM 6/6/01 +1000, Peter Donald wrote:
>Even PLs like C (who has the
>lowest type safety of them all) don't allow such monstrocities to be
>constructed.

actually this is wrong. Apparently they can (at least on win32) via using
late binding of library, importing symbols into global space and exporting
own symbols. Apparently this is used when writing some low-level drivers
(OpenGL ICDs was the example given). Still I wouldn't consider it good
practice ;)

Cheers,

Pete