ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] Aspect types was [DISC] Aspect implementation
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2001 01:44:59 GMT
At 10:09 AM 6/2/01 +1000, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>> BTW you seem to be using the term join points synonymously with what I
>have
>> termed hinge points. Is this true?
>>

>I took my terminology from the AspectJ stuff - where does yours come from?

Okay just looked at AspectJ - join points indicate an intersection between
aspect and your code but don't necessarily indicate flexability at that
point. Thus hinge points (which also indicate flexability) are subset of
joint points. Hinge points is a term that is in a lot of research. It has
been used in description of AOP/SOC but it predates that (was popular in
early OO crazy).

Cheers,

Pete