ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Lions, Import, and ProjectRef, oh my !
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:48:25 GMT
--- Peter Donald <> wrote:
> I actually forget the name of the movie (I am shocking with names). It
> was about a girl (dorothy?) who went to magic land where had to travel
> to OZ along a yellow brick road.

It's "The Wizard of Oz" (a classic, made in 1939 -- a year that was
chock-full of great movies) -- based on the (1900) book by Frank L. Baum.
(BTW: In the book, the reference is to "elephants and tigers and bears",
but that doesn't scan as well as "lions and tigers and bears" :)

Since the movie has been shown on (American) TV nearly every year since TV
was invented, and almost every (American) kid has seen it a zillion times,
it does come as a bit of shock to find out people everywhere don't have it
ingrained in their brain the way we do :)

Do You Yahoo!?
a year!

View raw message