ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need Ammo in Make vs. Ant argument...
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2001 05:10:07 GMT
--- David Jencks <davidjencks@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 2001.06.09 00:49:46 -0400 Diane Holt wrote:
> > How did you deal with header-file changes?
>
> Aha, now I'm learning. I didn't. (this was to replace a make file on a
> project that has experienced few changes, which is probably why I didn't
> realize this problem).  Are there other problems?

Do you link against libraries?  How do you associate them so that if
they're newer, the executable(s) get rebuilt?  Actually, you can back up a
step -- do you build any libraries? If you do, how do you say libfoo.a
depends on these object-files, so rebuild the lib if the object-files are
newer than their counterparts inside the library (eg., libfoo.a(foo.o))?

(Sorry -- didn't mean to wreck your day :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)