ant-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Jahn <thej...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: FileEditTask for Ant <- use replace
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 17:54:18 GMT
Dear Jon and Gulli,

Jon and all:
I apologize. When I first read through the REPLACE
documentation page, I simply understood it as task to
replace values in a PROPERTY file only. I did not
realize it was as robust as to replace any text within
any file. I have in fact duplicated functionality.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Gulli:
Copy is a file operation performed to the file system
and not to a file itself. This FileEditTask is used
manipulate text inside a file. If I am wrong, please
show me how <copy> can be used to edit a file.

Thanks,
Tom.