ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nick Fortescue" <nick.fortes...@smartspread.com>
Subject [SUBMIT] signjar which does more than one file and dependency checking
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:53:00 GMT

From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:57, Nick Fortescue wrote:
> > I have written a class MySignJar which extends SignJar and adds the
> > features below.
> >
> > 1) You can specify jars to sign in a fileset.
> > 2) It looks in the jar file to see if an appropriate .SF file exists,
and
> > if it does assumes the jar has already been signed.
> >
> > I'm happy to send the code to the list and for others to use it, and for
> > the code to be included in the ant CVS. Is anyone interested? Would I be
> > better sending it as my class which extends through inheritance, a new
> > version of SignJar with the features added, of a diff of the new version
of
> > signjar?
>
> Probably best to send a new version of SignJar with features added. It
will
> need to keep the backwards compatability though so that existing signjar
> users aren't dismayed ;)

OK, attached to this mail is the new code. It is backwards compatible with
the old code in that anything that worked before should work exactly the
same now. However, you can also add nested fileset elements to specify
signing more than one jar with the same key.

To turn on the extra signing checking set the boolean attribute "lazy" to be
true, it is false by default.

I think I got all the indentation correct, but it would be good if someone
who has their editor set up to the apache way could check my tabs, as I'm
one of those emacs users who gets horribly confused with changing tab-size,
and don't want to lose my normal work coding standard settings. :-) Also, I
didn't add any extra log messages as I'm not really familiar with the custom
of how many log messages it is good to have. It might be I should have some
more.

Nick