ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Bad taste but...
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:11:39 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Morrison, John" <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 06:46
Subject: RE: Bad taste but...

> I'd assumed that it was a local thing.  Speaking personally, I'd consign
VB
> to the same place as the empties.  Unfortunately, the PTBs are dictating
> otherwise :(
>
> I've managed to fudge this using exec, but a task would have been better!
>
> J.

I was debating adding a vbc task to go with csc in the .net tools; .net does
provide a command line invocation of the compiler, whereas for VB6 and below
you need to invoke the IDE with various parameters.

But I decided against it on ethical grounds: anything that made VB easier to
work with would only encourage people to use it.

-steve