ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Scope of Types
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:44:57 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> > Flat is theoretically the best example because all definitions are
> > local.  However I guess I am worried about usability.
>
> What if you'd allow to import types from a nested namespace into the
> default namespace? Something that is what you call flat with a little
> bit of global added to it?

We could have something like:

	<projectref name="mod" ... />
	<taskdef name="blah" aliasfor="mod->foobar" />
or
	<import name="libblah" lib="mod->modlib" />

I do not think we can just use them without redeclaration, unless we use a
different namespace operator:

	<mod->foobar  ..... />  <!-- This is illegal syntax -->
	<mod:foobar .... />     <!-- I think this is fine XML -->

comments?

Jose Alberto