ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Scope of Types
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:44:11 GMT
> From: Peter Donald [mailto:donaldp@apache.org]
>
> >How can I pass a type-value as a parameter to <ant*> I
> probably do not want
> >to have to declare the value since I do not want a binding
> created on the
> >calling project.
>
> As datatype instances are just properties, you pass like any
> other property.
>
> <ant ... >
>   <param name="blah" value="${my.fancy.new.fileset.instance}" />
> </ant>

What I meant to ask was whether is is possible to pass a value without
declaring a property in the CALLER project with that value.

  <ant ...>
	<param name="myProp" value="3"/> <!-- I do not need to define a prop -->
	<param name="filesetvalue" >
	  <fileset ....> <!-- I want to be able to use a locally defined fileset
                            like I can do on the <javac> task, for
example -->
	</param>
  </ant>

That is what I would like to get solved.

Jose Alberto