ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Scope of Types
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:19:03 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, the current rules would require <projectref> to allow for a
> > <A:mailaddressset> element. But you cannot have it because is
> > dynamically generated.
>
> Right, this is one (the?) major drawback of not collecting all
> data-types under one construct (be it Peter's <set-item> or an unified
> <property> or whatever).  This is the outcome of the vote, and we have
> to live with it - but somehow <ant*> and <projectref> will need to
> deal with non-String properties.

Well, even politicians change their minds. :-)

Maybe if someone makes a proper case the matter can be re-voted. Was the
original vote based on some very strong arguments or was just a go with flow
kind of vote? I really have no recollection.

If we come to believe, given the current more concrete picture, that
architecturally it would be better to do something different from what was
voted, I do not see why this cannot be discussed.

Jose Alberto