ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: DataType interface?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 11:28:19 GMT
> From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
>

> How about this instead
>
> <foo>
>    <myimprovedfileset ...>
> </foo>
>
> When this is encountered and there is no createMyImprovedFileset,
> introspection looks for an interface that is supported by both the
> myimprovedfileset element and an nestedlementcreator of foo.
>
> I haven't thought through the details here in terms of how the
> introspection can perform that piece of magic but it seems
> doable and has
> the advantage that the user's intent is explicit - no funky search for
> potential matching types.

This assumes that every taks can only have one attribute/element of each
particular interface. Which is not true today. For example several tasks
allow for several Path definitions. I do not think we want the buildfiles to
guess things around.

I think we are confusing the typename with the task attribute name. Several
tasks use the  name of the type as the name of the attribute but they are
different things. The name of the element inside foo is that of its
attribute, not that of the type of the attribute.

Jose Alberto