ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Scope of Types
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:44:40 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]

> > Here you are defining an id for 'A' within a pseudo-task, so the
> > blank rule about forbidding this sort of thing may not be
> > correct.
>
> Who said I wanted to forbid what? 8-)
>
> Datatypes shouldn't be treated different than properties, right?  If I
> can define properties via param, I must have a way to define arbitrary
> data types and pass them to subbuilds or projectrefs as well IMHO.

Well, the current rules would require <projectref> to allow for a
<A:mailaddressset> element. But you cannot have it because is dynamically
generated. I would seem that we need something like <param> that allows for
any datatype element specification inside. Much like the <set-item>
operation I think Peter was talking about.

This kinds of issues is what makes me think we are making some funny
distinctions between <properties> and <typedefs>. There seem to be some
missing unifying concept for both. Maybe what was called <item>.

Jose Alberto