ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Scope of Types
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:22:47 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > At 09:36 AM 6/5/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >>Your counterargument is sharing values via the ${} syntax doesn't
> >>require sharing types - but what if you want to share IDs?
> >
> > whats the difference between IDs and property values?
>
> Using something via refid implies a typed value, using ${} does not -
> especially if the defining project doesn't know the type project B
> will be using.

This looks kind of artificial to me. why can't I say <property id="..." />
meaning the same thing as name="...." ?

> >><projectref name="A">
> >>  <A:mailaddressset id="send-report-to">
> >>    <address to="bodewig@apache.org" />
> >>  </A:mailaddressset>
> >></projectref>

Here you are defining an id for 'A' within a pseudo-task, so the blank rule
about forbidding this sort of thing may not be correct. You could apply the
same reasoning to <ant*> calls.

Jose Alberto