ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configure->Template->Build
Date Thu, 31 May 2001 10:02:18 GMT

> At 02:49 PM 5/30/01 +0100, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
>
>><projectref> is just like instantiating a library of targets.
>
> Thats the first time I heard it described as such. From my
> impression it was separate self-contained build files (and that is
> how the proposals currently implement it).

I think it can be both.  At least this is what I took from Conor's
description for Mutant - either a complete self-contained project or a
well-formed XML-fragment.

> yep - in many cases. For instance in many projects you will have a
> compile target. In this you will do things like depends, javacc,
> javac, rmic, copy properties files from java tree etc.

So don't define the compile target in that thing you include with
projectref at all and provide this single target in all 17 build files
(as they all seem to be different anyway)?

Stefan