ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject for all you Emacs hackers
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 18:01:09 GMT
Here's a little something that I cooked up last night:

(defun ant (build-file &optional args)
  "Runs Jakarta Ant using BUILD-FILE and any targets/arguments from ARGS."
  (interactive "FBuild file: ")
  (compile-internal
   (concat "ant -emacs -buildfile " build-file " "
	   (if (interactive-p)
	       (call-interactively
		'(lambda (args) (interactive "sArguments: ") args))
	     args))
   "No more errors."))

It works both interactively and from other elisp.  One enhancement
that it may need would be to change directory to the directory
containing the BUILD-FILE before invoking Ant (some Ant files I've
seen expect your CWD to be the directory containing the build file).

Run interactively, it looks something like:
M-x ant RET ~/velocity/build/build.xml RET clean compile RET

Comments welcome.  :)

Daniel Rall