ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filter and Filtersets (was SQLExec and Properties)
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 13:47:22 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here we are starting with the premise that you have SQL files for a
> particular 3rd party tool, that you want to incorporate in your
> build.  Some of them may be yours to modify, but others may have
> been provided to you by others.

And you need to replace @foo@ or &&foo with something meaningful
inside Ant as the scripting tool of your RDBMS would do, right?  OK.

The filter mechanism wouldn't work for &&foo anyway, would it?

OK, I see that <sql> could and should be improved to support something
like this, but don't think we should couple it to filters at all.

I agree that simple ${} expansion is not enough, thank you and Michael
for explaining it to me.

Stefan