ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: executing task for each file in file set
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 15:34:47 GMT
Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com> wrote:

> Is the usual expectation that a system using Ant build files would
> contain a copy of Ant bundled with all the particular add-ons used
> by those build files?
>
> Or is there any expection of writing build files that use only
> standard features so those build files can run on any base
> (uncustomized) Ant installation?

I'd expect something in between. Tasks that are specific to a special
environment will be shipping together with that system (like FOP ships
with its own XSLT task right now for example).  Whether they build
them in some prepare target or provide them in binary form doesn't
matter that much.

For all the other cases I guess we'll find a way to specify task
libraries that are not local and allow users to define they already
have a particular library installed on their system.

Stefan