ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] details of task library concept
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 08:01:37 GMT
Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> But we've been thinking about something like an ANT_HOME/ext
>> directory where all tasks libraries living there would
>> automatically be detected and added by Ant.
>
> Would we need a separate directory (from $ANT_HOME/lib)?

Not really, it may be nice if you could see what is part of your Ant
installation and what has been installed as a separate library.

But we'll certainly want a mechanism for users to say, pick up the
libs from here as well (something like a ~/antlibs directory when you
cannot get your system administrator to install a library into the
common Ant installation).

Stefan