ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] ${} expansion for data types
Date Thu, 31 May 2001 12:06:50 GMT

> I don't see conversion requiring information in the way you portray
> it. We would only have one converter for FileSet->String and the
> user should have zero choice in how it is laid out (It will be the
> pair of String->FileSet conversion).

You are aware that we couldn't decide on a format for the FileSet ->
String conversion when we talked about it the first time 8-)

The most common use I see for a FileSet to String conversion is in the
context of <exec> and <java> like tasks. There is no hard rule to
apply which format is best as different tools will need different
delimters - and only the one writing the build file can chose the
correct one.

Stefan