ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Requirements list for Ant2 is now complete
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 08:15:12 GMT
The current document you can find at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/requested-features.txt> is the
final list of requirements for Ant2.  No new requests will be added.

Over the next few days I'll try to merge this list into a more
readable format and update the news page at our web site.

Some notes:

* If something has been rejected because of vetoes, it cannot make it
into Ant2 unless the committer who has used his veto changes his/her
vote.

* If something has been rejected because it didn't get enough positive
votes, it can still make it into Ant2.  Not getting enough positive
votes simply means that there hasn't been enough interest in a feature
that otherwise doesn't seem to be a problem.

* Ant2 has to implement all accepted requirements from this list, but
it is not restricted to them (i.e. it may implement features we've not
talked about).

* Some things are still rather hazy.  Some of them can be resolved
now, some of them will be resolved later.

I'll post a proposal on how to proceed later.

Stefan