ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is this a desirable feature?
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 06:42:27 GMT
Bryan Headley <BHeadley@universalaccess.net> wrote:

> So, we're looking at,
>
> <property name="app.DEV.deployment.dir"
>           value="/opt/deployment/forDev" />
> <property name="app.QA.deployment.dir"
>           value="/opt/deployment/forQa" />
>
> <property name="app.deployment.dir"
>           value="${app.${build.for}.deployment.dir}"/>

I know this is a very simplified case, but I still think

<property file="${build.for}.properties" />

would be easier to maintain, with the added benefit that one could
load default values for all properties after this task, so you'd only
have to define the properties that are really different from the
defaults in your specialized properties file.

Given that we'll have an import/include mechanism in Ant2 you can
extend this approach to patternsets, taskdefs and so on.

Stefan