ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 3 optional tasks ? (new to the list)
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 07:34:09 GMT
Olivier Brand <olivier@intraware.com> wrote:

> I don't really agree with you on the conditional. I am already using
> the available task for resources (the same way you just
> mentioned). The conditional tasks works on targets. A target fails
> if it raises a BuildException.

Right, which means the build failed - at least to me 8-).

> Then you can construct complex branching mechanism based on target
> success and not on available resources (totally different things).

They are totally different things, now you need to convince me (or
another committer) that this branching is a good thing.

Your description of the conditional looked as if you could know
whether a given target is going to fail upfront by checking for
resources, this is why I pointed you to available.

I think I'll need an example of how you'd use it in a real build file
to see what you are actually trying to do.

Stefan