ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russg...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Logging and Verbose
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 03:58:34 GMT
At 9:18 AM +1000 5/10/01, Peter Donald wrote:
>At 07:06  9/5/01 -0400, Russell Gold wrote:
> >I would have expected the code to call the logging API channels directly
>to get this kind of control.
>
>I am not sure what you mean - could you expand?

They way that I have seen this done was that the logging API defined objects to which the
program code actually passed log messages. All of those messages sent to the same logging
object (sometimes called a channel) would be controlled as a unit.
Russell Gold                     | "... society is tradition and order
russgold@acm.org                 | and reverence, not a series of cheap
http://www.httpunit.org          |   - Poul Anderson, "Iron"