ant-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Watkins <robert.watk...@qsipayments.com>
Subject RE: [DISC] details of task library concept
Date Thu, 24 May 2001 04:09:47 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> >They don't - didn't know that. So ejb jars ignore Class-Path
> manifest entry
> >and get all classpath data from their descriptors? Seems to
> go against most
> >of the other APIs - kinda odd choice for them I guess.
>
> blag .. now that didn't make any sense at all. Ignore first
> sentence and
> the rest should parse.

EJBs use Class-Path. Or, more accurately, they use the Java Extension
Mechanism, which states that they use the Class-Path entry in the manifest
file. This is per the J2EE 1.3 spec 8.2 (proposed final draft 2), and the
EJB 2.0 spec 23.4 (proposed final draft 2).

Some EJB containers (e.g. WebLogic) do not support this at this time,
largely because the requirement was only implied in J2EE 1.2. There's also
an outstanding bug report for the EjbJar task in that it doesn't let you
supply a manifest file (I submitted this a while back with a patch)>

There's no mention in either spec about resolving dependencies via XML
instead of the manifest file.

Robert.

--
     "Duct tape is like the Force: it has a light side, a dark side,
                   and it holds the universe together"