ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Pete Schroeder" <pete.schroe...@motivo.com>
Subject RE: Chmod For Win32
Date Sat, 12 May 2001 18:23:44 GMT
I would suggest looking into the cacls.exe utility to change those types
of file attributes in Windows NT/2000.

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin van den Bemt [mailto:mvdb@mvdb.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 8:10 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Chmod For Win32

Attrib doesn't do what chmod does, so in that respect no.. There aren't
(at
least as far as I know and when your talking about a default windows NT
/2000 install) no tools available to set group/user/world access rights
files from the command line.. If you have any ideas.. Let me know (I
also
wrote a chrights, chown and chgrp task that was posted here a very long
time
ago...). If there are any tools available, then we could give it a go...

Mvgr,
Martin