ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Logging
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 02:03:33 GMT
I'm sorry, but this whole logging discussion is just plain stupid and I'm
sick of hearing it.

Define a set of interfaces and implement those interfaces with a thin
wrapper around whatever logging system people want to use.

I have done this with both Turbine and Velocity. Turbine's implementation is
even more complex because I abstracted the configuration of the log system
into another set of interfaces that allows people to use either a XML file
or a .properties file (or whatever) to configure whatever logger you want.

I don't give a shit which tool is better faster or whatever. Just create
Ant's system to plug in whatever tool you want. You are of course more than
welcome to adapt what I have done for Velocity and Turbine into Ant.

So, can we please end this and just move on?

-jon