ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Turpin, Jay" <jay.tur...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Chmod For Win32
Date Sun, 13 May 2001 13:06:36 GMT
My interest in this is to be able to make a set of file read-only or
writable during the build process. I thought chmod was used for this, but
it's been a long time since I've used Unix. ;) attrib will give me that
functionality.

Regards,
Jay Turpin
Intel Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin van den Bemt [mailto:mvdb@mvdb.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 5:10 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Chmod For Win32

Attrib doesn't do what chmod does, so in that respect no.. There aren't (at
least as far as I know and when your talking about a default windows NT
/2000 install) no tools available to set group/user/world access rights to
files from the command line.. If you have any ideas.. Let me know (I also
wrote a chrights, chown and chgrp task that was posted here a very long time
ago...). If there are any tools available, then we could give it a go...

Mvgr,
Martin