ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject RE: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 01:55:22 GMT
From: Alan George [mailto:alang@hereuare.com]

> IMHO, Ant should solve this problem.

And it will solve it by providing templating.

Your use case is fairly unusual (although it has
a lot in common with ours), and I think that you
are going to have to accept that there will be
some hoops to jump through to fit the tool to
your environment.

In our case we decided early on to use XSLT, and
I think it makes everything a LOT simpler.

If you don't want to do that, then you have to make
do with what you've got.

I personally don't care one way or the other about
task level ifs, but I don't think that esoteric
environments in themselves make a strong case for
a change to the tool.

If ant was incapable of performing what you wanted,
then you would have a strong case, but as it is,
the only problem is that you don't like the syntax,
and since XSLT is good for changing syntaxes, then
where's the concern?