ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sikha, Naresh" <Naresh.Si...@schwab.com>
Subject Ant 1.3 on AIX
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 23:51:04 GMT
Let me prefix this message by saying that I cannot access the Jakarta
faq-o-matic since it runs on a high number port (8080) and I am behind a
firewall - so, if this is a redundant message, please forgive me.

With that said:

I am running Ant 1.3 on AIX and had to modify $ANT_HOME/bin/ant to allow Ant
to run in my environment.

Output from 'uname -a':
	AIX node11 3 4 000158484C00

Output from 'java -version':
	Classic VM (J2RE 1.2.2 IBM build ca122-20000726 (JIT enabled: jitc))

Output off 'cleartool diff -predecessor ant' (from ClearCase):
-----------[changed 52-53]-------------|-----------[changed to
52-57]----------
  if [ "$JAVACMD" = "" ] ; then        |   if [ "$JAVACMD" = "" ] ; then
    JAVACMD=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java        |     if [ -f
"$JAVA_HOME/jre/sh/java" ] ; then
                                      -|
JAVACMD=$JAVA_HOME/jre/sh/java
                                       |     else
                                       |         JAVACMD=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
                                       |     fi
                                       |-

Maybe this change could be incorporated into Ant (or maybe we could get IBM
to actually deliver a JDK that conforms to standard JDK directory names)?

Thanks.

-Naresh

Naresh Sikha
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.