ant-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject Incrementing Properties
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 16:09:59 GMT
Hi All,

I've been playing with the propertyfile task which is pretty neat but what I
really need to do is to be able to increment a property. I could roll this
into the p4counter code but is there another way of doing this and/or
shouldn't it be something available to all properties? It seems crazy to
have to write the props to a file via propertyfile, increment, re-write the
file then re-import it.

I guess the question is should I change p4counter or property or write
something new?

<target name="label" description="Label Build">
<!--Get last buildnumber -->
    <p4counter
      name="${ant.project.name}buildnumber"
      property="p4.build.count"/>

<!-- Increment counter property here -->

<!-- Insert Label -->
    <p4label
      name="${ant.project.name}-build-${p4.build.count}"
      desc="Nightly build for the ${ant.project.name} (build
${p4.build.count}) "
      view="${p4.main.view}"/>

<!--Set current build number counter-->
   <p4counter