ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Vogel <pvo...@arsin.com>
Subject RE: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 22:33:13 GMT
This is actually pretty slick!  A couple of points though

1.  It'd be nice for the "code" tag to have an optional "file" attribute
    to compile + load a file rather than having the code inline in the
    buildfile (allows someone skimming a build file to ignore/take for
granted
    things that aren't important to them at the moment.  With carefully
named
    files, it becomes self documenting within the xml file.

2.  The code snippet would need access to all the properties, etc. within
the
    build file itself.

I'm on the fence on this one, but it might be nice if properties could be
modified
within the code, I can think of ways I'd use the capability, but I'm
concerned about
the resulting readability of the build file.

-Peter