ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barc...@digitalfocus.com>
Subject Re: [DISC] details of task library concept
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 15:44:42 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> But we've been thinking about something like an ANT_HOME/ext directory
> where all tasks libraries living there would automatically be detected
> and added by Ant.

Would we need a separate directory (from $ANT_HOME/lib)?  $ANT_HOME/lib
already contains extensions in the sense of added classes available to Ant.

Ant could probably scan all Jar files (or directory hierarchies) in the
class path for task definitions with a single call to
ClassLoader.getResources( "taskdefs.xml" ).  (Note the plural.)

You wouldn't really need a separate set of files, you'd just detect which
files to process from the set already in the class path.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus