ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barc...@digitalfocus.com>
Subject Re: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 19:59:56 GMT
Roger Vaughn wrote:

> --- Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com>
> wrote:
> > You might also want to consider XML Inclusions
> > (http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/).
> > (It's higher level than XML external parsed
> > entities, but will be understood
> > by (some) XML tools, not just Ant.)
>
> Good tip.  But since it's "standard", this should be
> handled by the XML parser, without Ant even being
> aware of it, yes?  That sounds ideal to me.

Well, it's not part of the base XML specification, so not every XML
parser/processor would handle it.  Ant would just have to use an XML
layer that supported it.

(Actually, I don't recall if it's something that the parser level would
handle or something a little higher up.)

--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus