ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barc...@digitalfocus.com>
Subject Re: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 15:37:41 GMT
Diane Holt wrote:

> --- Michael McCallum <michael@spinsoftware.com> wrote:
> > Why not use the script task?
>
> I think he's looking to allow using the Java language, as opposed to a
> script language.
>
> But I have a question, Jason -- would your <code> task fill in all the
> Java code that writing an actual task would require? (If not, then I'm not
> sure I'm seeing how it'd be all that different from just writing a regular
> custom task.)

I think the main difference is in avoiding the complexity of having an
external source file.

(The source would be right there, so you don't risk losing the source to
custom tasks you use.  You don't have to manage getting the task compiled
before referring to it in your build file.)

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus