ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alan George <al...@hereuare.com>
Subject Re: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 19:45:30 GMT
This is less useful than it might appear, because anything in a 'depends'
is only run once per execution regardless of the conditional's value.  So
using your example, if you are running multiple targets that require the
conditional processing of say t1, t1 will run 1 or 0 times regardless of
the value of c1.

All I am saying is that your two examples are not functionally the same.
With task level if's I can conditionally execute task/target multiple times
in one run, with depends alone, I can't.

-alan