ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael McCallum" <mich...@spinsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Parameters and Ant
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 20:30:19 GMT
script task in 1.3.

use the foreach task with a sanpshot.

to pass params use the antcall/ant tasks.

ant runs another build file and antcall calls a target with new params.

Michael

On 1 May 2001, at 15:51, Jean Bresse wrote:

<smaller>>Hello all:<bigger>

<smaller>>I browsed the archives but didn't find a complete answer of the following:

<bigger>

<smaller>>1) Can Ant receive parameters from its caller?<bigger>

<smaller>>For example, suppose I have a list of names and I want to invoke the same
set of tasks for each name.I
>would want to ave one Ant process call another one, I would want tocall it n times (where
n is the
>number of names) and pass in as a parameter the name in question.<bigger>

<smaller>>Any suggestions / thoughts / feedbacks on this?<bigger>