ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] details of task library concept
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 11:55:45 GMT
At 01:21 PM 5/23/01 +0100, Jesse Glick wrote:
>Not in response to any particular message but:
>
>Has anyone given thought to optional task (type, ...) metadata classes in Ant
>2.0? For example, in the JavaBeans spec, you can provide a "raw" bean with
>getters and setters and so on and rely 100% on introspection to discover its
>structure. But you may also supply a BeanInfo that gives more information on
>properties, events, etc.
>Would it be useful?

We have talked about it ages ago (I think we called them TaskInfos or
AntInfos). It also wen to vote and passed IIRC. We weren't planning on
using BeanInfos directly due to a few reasons. However a while back Costin
suggested Ant2 tasks be JavaBeans and while I didn't like it (nor did
Stefan IIRC). However I can't think of any logical reason not to use Beans
directly so ...

Cheers,

Pete