ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 00:22:37 GMT
At 08:16  17/5/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I am the original poster of this thread.  I thought I would bring it
>back to the original discussion of if/unless for tasks.  I have tried to
>explain below the motivation for modifying ant to handle if/unless per
>task.  It seems to me that this would be a common problem and should be
>a sweet spot for ant.  Any suggestions on how to do this without
>conditionals?

What you describe - while useful is not something that ant alone is meant
to solve. Instead of having generic buildfiles I would recomend that
instead something like XSLT be used to build specific build files for each
product. However if your build.xml files change regularly this can be
painful and I don't know what would be best ;)

Cheers,

Pete