ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Logging
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 00:31:02 GMT
At 07:03  9/5/01 +1000, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>The log methods you displayed have been in the Ant 1.x Task interface for a
>long time. They get converted to events and sent to all build event
>listeners. If you want to integrate a particular logging package, integrate
>it as a listener. There is no need for it in the rest of the Ant code.

Integrating a logging package as a listener adds little to no value to ant.

>I'm -1 on binding any logger into the Ant core except through build events.
>
>Clear?

Sure it's clear. You have yet to implement it or think about
implementation. You don't see any need for logkit and/or log4j. So far the
only person who has implemented container tasks and threading tasks is me
... (Well frANTic has container tasks but they are not "proxy" based
container tasks which means that they have easier time).

So all I can say is "Show me the code!".

Cheers,

Pete