ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Design/Specification Stage
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 13:51:23 GMT
At 08:06  8/5/01 +1000, Peter Donald wrote:
>As the requirement specification is over it is time to start discussing
>design strategies and implementation issues. I assume we can also discuss
>particular implementation classes/interfaces etc.
>
>I have some needs outside of "Ant as a build tool" and thus want to get the
>specification of the core execution engine on the way. I will be avoiding
>issues that clearly need more research discussion (ie templating and
>preferences) or are controvertial. Anyone else should feel free to bring
>them up though ;)

I should note that Ant2 will be my forth wet run at building a task
execution API and thus I tend to make assumptions and may often forget to
communicate them. So if anything I say is less than clear feel free to
point it out and I will try to clarify. (And explain more why than what).

Anyways for the next month or two I will probably throw out a bunch of
votes like this once a week - or whenever I get time to type ;]. The things
I need will come first and the more controvertial or les urgent things will
come later. However anyone else should feel free to do the same ;) (or
raise points they feel are urgent etc).

Cheers,

Pete