ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [Vote] Interfaces for Project/Target
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 13:02:15 GMT
Hi,

I would like to see what people think about using interfaces for
Project/Target. As the contract between project-engine and projects is
fairly clear-cut and precise (ie project contains targets, targets contain
task proxies) it is simple to specify a minimal interface between the two
and a simple implementation. (see myrmidon proposal for an example).

The advantages for doing it this way are mainly for the integrators. It
would be extremely easy to reimplement the interface so that it could sit
in a swing treelist or someother GUI integration. I can't see what we loose
from it but we make it much easier for people who want to build things like
antidote.

Vote/Thoughts?

Cheers,

Pete