ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntShell
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 03:55:52 GMT
At 01:36  7/5/01 +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
>Some time ago I've submitted a little patch that I initially called
>AntCmd and later AntShell. I basically speeds up repeated builds by
>keeping the JVM running and yet without the need to run Antidote...
>
>I haven't had any comments about it (maybe because it's too silly ;-),
>neither positive nor negative. Should I be submitting this through
>Bugzilla? Did I submit incorrectly?

It's neither silly nor was it submitted incorrectly. We discussed a similar
approach ages ago. It was called incremental mode and after each build you
could hit <enter> or <target-name><enter> to get it to run again.

It will be in Ant2 but until then I think everyone is being conservative in
patches they apply ;)

That said I liked it ;)

Cheers,

Pete