ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Logging
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 06:30:31 GMT
Hi Jon and Pete!

I'd like to come back to an "unemotional" level and being a commiter - and
we still are in a [Vote] thread - I'd like to give my vote:

As proposed earlier:

Use Log4J for logging:
+1 : It has bebome kind of standard for loggin in Java :-)

Use LogKit for logging:
+1 : It seems to be quit fast and small!

Write an own wrapper for logging to switch between logging APIs:
+1 : Let the user decide, wich API he wants to use! We don't need to worry
about API-chnged as well. Aditionally the wrapper can be rather small with a
stable interface ant-internal.

Hard-code dependencies to a single logging api (calling external logging
functions everywhere a trace will be written):
-1 : I simple want to be most flexible and independent!

Please return to the round table ;-)!

Greetinx,
Chris