ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rogervau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 21:05:54 GMT
--- Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com>
wrote:
> Shouldn't that task be generalized?  We have Apply
> which executes an
> external executable on multiple files.  Proposed
> AntOn executes Ant
> on multiple build files.
>
> Why not generalize this have some feature that
> executes an arbitrary task
> on multiple files?

Since nested tasks are proposed for Ant2 (that is
correct, yes?), why not generalize this to a "foreach"
task that run all of its nested tasks for each file,
rather than restricting it to a single task/target?

The same effect could be achieved by using AntCall as
the single arbitrary task, but I think that embedding
the actual tasks themselves may be cleaner in some
cases.