ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant2 logging
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 01:32:34 GMT
--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> At 05:58  9/5/01 -0700, Diane Holt wrote:
> >Will any of the various approaches being discussed allow me (either
> >via some configuration-type approach or via a home-grown logger class)
> >to have my logging come out like:
>
> None of the discussion is related to that at all ;] - but presumably
> what you want will be doable by customizing listeners ;)

If that's the case, then I'm completely lost -- so can you (or anyone
else) take me back a step and explain what it is that -is- being
discussed? Are you talking about replacing/changing the way the log()
stuff in the source-files is done (I thought the only thing we were
looking to do with that was to internationalize it)? If that is what's
being discussed, then I guess I must have missed the beginning, so could
someone say (in non-flammable, non-Java-centric terms) what the ideas are
for how/why it should be changed? (Or if you want to just point me to
something in the archives or the docs to read, that'd be fine.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)