ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ant2 logging
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 00:58:22 GMT
I'm not knowledgable enough yet about any of this stuff to be able to vote
on do-it-this-way/do-it-that-way -- but I do have a question: Will any of
the various approaches being discussed allow me (either via some
configuration-type approach or via a home-grown logger class) to have my
logging come out like:

[Ant header stuff]

Top-target1:
  <tasks>
  Sub-target1:
    <tasks>
  Sub-target2:
    <tasks>
Top-target2:
  Sub-target1:
  <tasks>

[Ant footer stuff]

Ie., control line-spacing, indenting, and having the asked-for (either
explicit command-line or implicit default) target(s) printed before any
depends-on/called sub-target(s) rather than after?

(I realize it's a bit self-serving to have that be my only concern at this
point, but maybe the question will turn the heat down a little on all the
flaming :)

Thanks,
Diane

=====