ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Filter and Filtersets (was SQLExec and Properties)
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 15:41:06 GMT
> Michael McCallum <michael@spinsoftware.com> wrote:
> > One thing I cant stand is spoon feeding.
>
> Sorry, my English language parser has left me - "untranslatable
> metaphor"
> 8-)

spoon-feed:
TRANSITIVE VERB : Inflected forms: —fed (-fd´´) , —feed·ing, —feeds
1. To feed (another) with a spoon. 2. To treat (another) in a way that
discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence. 3. a. To
provide (another) with knowledge or information in an oversimplified way.
b. To provide (knowledge or information) in an oversimplified way.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)