ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs available.xml
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 08:05:52 GMT
> <holtdl@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >   Added a "type" attribute instead, which works with the "file"
> >   attribute to specify either a file or a directory.
>
> I'd suggest to make this attribute accept file|dir|both and default to
> "both" - looks cleaner than making non-set a magic value.

But then we're back to b-c issues, since 1.3 doesn't have the "type" attr,
and "file" already is "magical", since it currently works for either (and
which is what got me started on this in the first place -- I was looking
for a file, which it turned out didn't exist, but a directory by that name
did, but that wasn't what I was looking for).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)